Sunday, September 9, 2007

No sea legs just yet...





Yesterday, we took the girls out on the boat, it was Reese's first trip. It was a gorgeous day, 90 degrees and breezy, And I haven't been on the boat for months becasue he's always fishing. I wondered how it would go when I put Reese's life jacket on and it was a little snug...she looked unsure and uncomfortable. She started crying before we even pulled away from the dock. She had a hard time standing and keeping balance and when she fell she couldn't get up because the life jacket restricted her motions. If she sat it pushed up around her chin...there was just go good position. So after almost an hour of crying, we turned around back to the landing. I was unloading the girls and realized that Kane intended to stay on the boat and enjoy the nice weather while I took the girls home...seriously? Let me just say that the reason I went was to appease him, I like to stay home and relax on a Saturday. He is an activity-nazi and MUST be doing something at all times. So, now he's telling me I have to take them home, and all the gear, by myself? While he works on his tan? Yep. And that's exactly what he did....I think next time I'll just stay home to begin with!


post signature

6 comments:

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

Sorry that little Reese wasn't digging the boat ride!

Sometimes my husband pulls that junk with me...like he's "helping out" with the kids & then I remind him that would be called "parenting." Ha!

Buffie said...

While reading this entry all I could picture was the Christmas Story and Ralphie's little brother Randy all bundled up in the snow suit and squirming on the ground because he can't get up! I think that this whole event is the perfect example of what having kids is about...totally running around like a chicken with your head cut off and outings either working out great or horrible. The husband part is completely accurate; mine would have probably done the same. Besides, if you'd have demanded otherwise you would have had to listen to him huff and puff or put up with the pouting. You'd have wished he'd have stayed gone to begin with!!

Dena said...

That POOR little Reeser - she do look a bit uncomfy in dat SNUG boat coat! I can just see her squirming around trying to get up after Daddy hit a wave and knocked her over .... My poor little girl! The least he could have done is kept Turkey pants! hahahahaha
I now know why it's been SO long since we've been out and I am SOOO glad the girls turned up (better late than never) so I didn't come home for THAT!

Jeffcoat House said...

She may not have liked it much, but she do look cute! Sorry it wasn't the best.

Terri said...

Aw, poor little Reese. I can't blame her for not liking that life jacket. Kids can't even move in them and you can't reason with them as to why they need them. Maybe next summer...

Lindsay said...

I can just hear you saying that is so ..."SUCKY"
Sorry it didn't work out..thats not a fun way to spend the day! Hope the weekend was better after that!