Monday, October 29, 2007

We're Baaaaaack!

So, we're finally back to reality...a little tanner and actually tired. How do you come back from vacation more tired than when you left? And, when you do get home, there's tons of stuff to do! The cruise started off a little rough...we found our closet, or room as they might call it. So then we travel up 5 floors to the other girl's room. Yeah, see any differences? It turned out well, and Dena only snored a little. ;), she was a great roomie and even cleaned up after me! Hahaha. So next, we get back from dinner and there's a note for me. My luggage has been confiscated for contraband items and I have to report to the boarding room. Here's me in line, when I should be in my jammies. So I go in and they open my luggage and the items in question are the cokes I packed ( because they are 2.01 including the 18% autogratuity.) They look them over and because they are not opened I can keep them. The reason they were in question is because people were sneaking liquor in so they didn't have to pay $10 per drink. One person had a gallon sized Arizona tea jug filled to the brim. So if they take it you are fines $15 per container.

So I got my suitcase, but my cute rolly bag is MIA. It wasn't back at the room so we went to hang out. Soon, Sugar and Buffy arrive. They were hunting for Claire's luggage which had also been confiscated. During their search, they stumbled upon mine...by the Grace of God. The luggage tag was missing and they did not know who it belonged to...AND that is because the handle that the tag was attached to was broken off. So was one of the wheels. Devastation...it was so darn cute. A surcie from Dena.

Other crappy notes: Kane was not handling the no mommy situation well. It is so hard to have fun when the calls home are bad. The food was also not so good. The final night had the best food...go figure. Last but not least, we could not go to the beachy island as planned because of a medical emergency. So we trapsed around Nassau instead. I so wanted a luxurious beach instead of a dirty island...Dena loves a dirty island though. She was in heaven. It worked out ok and I did get to see some beach.
That seems like a lot of complaining...apparently, I am a vacation nazi and slightly high maintenance.

So, would I do it again? In a heartbeat...sunny skies with my best girlfriends are priceless. AND I got a lot of smocking done! ;) I will post the highlights tomorrow!

10 comments:

Mari said...

You are a bunch of trouble makers - first the party, then the police and now you are sneaking coke onto a cruise. You better watch out - I don't think they allow you to blog from prison!

William said...

hey girl! so glad ya'll are home. what an adventure! sounds like lots of more funny stories are to come. i can't wait! i dare to say that i am a high maintance traveler too! see you tomorrow!

Jennisa said...

CAN'T WAIT to hear more about it! Leave it to YOU to get in trouble with da cops!!!

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

The rooms do look a little unfairly different from each other.
That is hard when you know things aren't going smoothly at home. Glad you did have a good time after all that though.

Dena said...

Heehehehee! Our room was COZY! You may have been a LITTLE of a vacation nazi but it made me laugh! You were a GREAT roomie (but of course I already knew that) and you were very very very smockalicious! So much FUN!!!

Jennisa said...

Hey Les...I think all your backgrounds were deleted from my account. Ya want a free bloggie makeover? Send me some new pics, (how 'bout them school pictures), and I'll make one up for ya! Pick out a design kit from my design site too!!!!

Melissa said...

glad you are home! I missed you. Chris and I have been on that same ship before and the food was bad until the last night for us as well. Can't win them all! ;)

Lindsay said...

so glad you are all back safe and sound! Can't wait to see more pics!

Terri said...

What's up with the room situation. A lot unfair. Cheri and I went on a cruise before I got married and our room was small too. We were about at the bottom level but it still was a good time. Looking for more pictures!

The Birds Nest said...

No matter what went wrong, it still sounds like a great getaway!! I can't believe that you were the one to get in trouble, though. That's so out of character:) I also hate that your bag got trashed. Total devastation!! I know where you can get a new one, though:)