Thursday, December 27, 2007

Day 2, without Kane




Today is my second day without Kane. He went on a hunting trip early yesterday morning. He went all the way to Arkansas, 13 hours away. Yesterday was ok, we played with toys all day and I tried to put some of them away. Granny and Grandaddy came ove to visit in the evening which was fun for a change and Kane's sister spent the night because I don't stay by myself. Ever. The few times I have tried it I ended up staying up all night with the lights on, pitiful I know. I can't do that now that we have kids so I had a house guest instead. Meredith and I stayed up watching girlie movies which was fun.


Today, Dena and Annie came over to try out the new toys. The girls had a blast, Dena included, on the roller coaster and other toys. They had some art time at the girls new table set (from Mimi) and we went outside to try out the jeep. Abby didn't want to drive, which was so irritating because everyone wanted to ride. So, it ended up with Annie in the driver seat with Reese in her lap. Abby sat beside them. Everynow and then Abby would press the pedal but not consistently. There was lots of toddler whiplash. Dena had to steer from the side lines. Had we been able to get in and drive them ourselves, we would have. Guess I should have bought a golf cart instead!

So overall, I just feel crappy. I can't tell if it's because Kane isn't here or if I'm just tired from Christmas and malnutrition (excess of sugar, coke and cheese.) But I am tired and depressed sort of. I don't want to do anything and I have a mountain of work. Yesterday I took a 2 hour nap which is totally not the usual. I have 3 or 4 more days til Kane returns...I guess we'll see how it goes!

post signature

10 comments:

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

I hate it when Mark leaves too- It's not bad during the day, but I hate sleeping by myself. You hear every little noise and imagine noises.
Try a sleeping pill- they do help you just fall asleep.

Dena said...

Dude! I think next year we should ask for a jeep our size - THAT would be fun! We had a great time and the roller coaster was a blast!

Did Cheri say - LUNESTA????
I would "loan" ya one but I am on my last 3 - SAD!

Mari said...

I think the timeing for Kane's trip is bad - you're already in the post holiday let own and then he leaves!
PS - I think the "kid" in the middle picture may be too big for the roller coaster!

jenniedub said...

Well I hope you feel better...it is like there is all of this excitement leading to Christmas, and then it is just over! Well my man is here and if it makes you feel better he is being a pill!

The LaBouffs said...

That roller coaster looks like fun! I think I'd be doing exactly what Dena's doing....

Hopefully, the next few days will go by fast and be better for you!

Mandy said...

I read your blog often...I live in Mt.Pleasant and found your blog through a friend through a friend...anyway...I feel blah too, holiday let down...all of the sudden you are home full time with the kids not on regular schedules and it is a little weird...very normal...I am right there with you...Mandy

Terri said...

When Dave would work 3rd shift, it took me a while to get used to him being gone. Once I got used to it though, I kind of enjoyed it. I could read in bed, etc... But it's funny how you hear every little noise that the house makes. Hope he makes it back soon, for your sake.

Lindsay said...

that stinks you are by yourself..especially after the Christmas craziness..I know I am exhausted! keep busy so time flies and drink lots of water to get all the junky stuff moving out!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I hate that yucky, depressed feeling. After Christmas, though, I start to really get my energy (the one time during the year). I love New Year's, because I love change and new beginnings. I always start with a lot of energy. I'll pray you get yours back soon!

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

Hang in there! Please feel free to pop over if you want an outing -- those always help fill time when my husband's gone. We're having turkey tetrazinni tonight, if you're interested, just call......