Thursday, December 6, 2007

No pictures, for your sake.

Last night was first Wednesday at church. It is a worship service held every month and it is my absolute favorite. I was kind of bummed when Kane got sick and wouldn't go, because it is 35 minutes away and I didn't want to go at night by myself. When Reese went to bed at 5:30!!!! I decided to take Abby and go by ourselves. Abby really wanted to go too. It was awesome, so much fun. When I got Abby out of childcare, she was really whiny. I thought she might be tired because it was after 9pm. She was ready to go and didn't want me to stay and chat with my friends. 5 minutes onto the interstate she asks for a towel...this is what we give her when she has the throw-ups. But she also asks for one sometimes to get attention, so I blew it off and told her to watch Dora. And then the vomitting started. Projectile. All over herself, carseat, coat and lovie. Lots of throw up, huge chunks of unchewed food. It was just lovely...a fragrant ride home. I actually had to pull off of the interstate twice to clean her up, which I have never done. That was kind of scary. The car shook when other cars went by. Sigh....I'm glad that's over. She feels much better now, but we are stuck at home because all of the car seats are apart and being cleaned. I sure hope I don't get what ever it is...my birthday is next week and that would just plain suck. (It's the big 3-0 by the way!)

post signature

13 comments:

Terri said...

Oh no! The flu is terrible with young kids. You never know where everything will land. It seems like this time of year, the flu is always going around. I hope it's just a 24 hour bug, for your sake. This way, you'll all be healthy for Christmas!!

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Oh that is so terrible! flu is about the worst thing ever. I can't imagine having to clean it out of the car.
I so hope the rest of you don't get it!
Can you please email me privately
I have a question for you.
cbattjes@altelco.net

Thanks!

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

So sad to hear about little Abby! Hope she bounces back quickly and that no one else gets it......

annie said...

Oh no!
I hope she feels better and you don't get it!

Mari said...

Sick kids are bad enough but in the car is the worst! I hope she is better soon and no one else gets it. Hope your car and seats are better soon too :)
PS - I got a nice card with a beautiful picture today. Thanks!

Buffie said...

Oh so sorry; I hope she is better by now...at least the Reeser never woke up for 12 hours plus!!!! I hope you don't get it either!!

The LaBouffs said...

That's terrible! I hope she feels better soon! I'm surprised you didn't start blowing chunks yourself just from the smell! I'm sure that's what I would have done!

Lindsay said...

oh- yucky. Abby- feel better soon!
Wasn't that service amazing!? I went without Andrew/Roman and took a friend instead...too bad I didn't see you!

Dena said...

YUCK! I couldn't even read the story - you know how my stomach is!

Jennisa said...

Looks like you and I had a very similar day! I bet if I would have taken a photo of Avery's mess, it would have looked similar to Abby's! I hope she's feeling better! And, you CAN'T get sick for your big b-day! How fun....30!!!

Jeffcoat House said...

I AM SO PROUD for you going alone. I AM SO GROSSED out by your pucky (HA HA) experience. I totally feel ya, though. I think vomit is the worst smell in the world!! I think that is what hell will smell like.

Myra said...

I remember the days of car seats. And the days of throwing up in the car! I'm new to blogging--I got a Blogger page as couple of days ago. Over Thanksgiving break, I started a photo blog on LifeWithChrist.org called "Picture My Thoughts." I am wanting to meet new Christian blogging friends. Take care!

Myra said...

I forgot to tell you! My birthday is Saturday! :)