Sunday, December 9, 2007

A surcie

UPDATE: So it seems I have some explaining to do! This must be a Southern word...A "surcie" is a surprize present. It could be big or small like candy or a drink. But it is a gift for no apparent occasion except love.

This is Abby's first surcie from Daddy! He said he had been waiting a long time for them to get them in small enough for Abby. It's still a little roomy but it will fit her longer. I always had fond
memories of my Dad bringing home surcies from work or travel, so I thought I would document the first spontaneous, just because I love you present to Abby! She likes a lot, couldn't wait to put it on even though it was only 65 degrees!

post signature

13 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Am I the biggest dork or what? I've never heard of a surcie.

Lindsay said...

aww..I think thats so sweet when the daddys think to buy something special for their little ones!

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

I've never heard of a surcie either. I think that's the cutest poster child for John Deer I've ever seen!

Mari said...

Me either - I was wondering what a surcie was and am glad to know I'm not the only one! I'm assuming it's the sweatshirt? She sure looks cute!

Terri said...

I'm with everyone else - I'm also assuming it's the sweatshirt. Surcie must be some lingo from down south.

Buffie said...

Oh I love the surcie for Abby!!! She is such a Daddy's girl in that sweatshirt!!!

Melissa said...

Yeah! I love a surcie! Too cute Abby

Dena said...

That's such a funny - Of course her first daddy surcie would be a
"billy bob loves sharleen in john deer green" sweatshirt!
That daddy is sooo funny!

Kimberly said...

OK I need the definition of a surcie as well, sorry.

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

ADORABLE! She should be on the cover of the catalog.

jenniedub said...

Is the word surcie a "southern thing" or something? I mean who doesn't luv a surcie, especially one that is pink!!! I have a pink camo hoodie...don't tell anyone!!

Terri said...

Thanks for letting us all know what a surcie. My vocabulary has increased!

Anonymous said...

I just googled what a "surcie" was and found this - people in my grad school class kept talking about bringing "surcies" to class and I thought it was a type of food or something, because the surcie was always food! Thanks!