Friday, February 22, 2008

Bruiser gets bruised


It's no secret that we have given Reese the nickname Bruiser...she is rough for a pretty little girl with curly brown locks. She's officially got her first black eye, to validate that alias! She and Abby were playing, while I was in the shower getting ready for date night. Abby tackled her and she hit her eye on the corner of our wooden trash can, which I didn't know at the time. I only knew she was crying, the norm for an 18 month old (tomorrow!) I keep showering and notice some blood begin to flow from a cut above her right eye. I am only slightly ashamed to admit that I finished my shower, after all, I only needed to shave under my arms to be done. By the time I get out, Abby has poked at the mysterious red stuff on Reese's face and smeared it all over her face and she looks like she's been attacked! I gave her hugs and cleaned her up . I was on the fence about stiches, it didn't look bad, but it IS her face. I decided to leave it alone. This morning when she woke up, or when I finally went to get her, she looked like this! Her eye was almost swollen shut! All is well now, but I just HAD to blog her first "real" boo-boo. And, in case you are wondering, the blue on her chin is crayon...not another boo-boo!

post signature

10 comments:

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Oh poor Reese! Eyes always look bad when they get bumped.
PS- I think I would have finished my shower too!

Mari said...

Aww - poor baby. I bet that eye gets more purple today. I'm glad it's just that one spot. I thought the crayon spot was a bruise too!

Jeffcoat House said...

Dude, I would have totally finished my shower! That poor Reeser! I would feel badly for her if I thought she couldn't take it- but she do like it rough!

Sarah said...

Poor little thing! I think I would have finished my shower too... that is too funny! Your girls are beautiful!

Dena said...

I think that might be a form of child abuse! I am coming to seize her from y;all!

Lindsay said...

that is precious..poor Reeser. I think its great you finished your shower..those are sometimes hard to come by..and who wants hairy pits on date night?

Jennisa said...

Oh sweet Reese! That looks so ouchy! Whatever the case, you are STILL adorable! You and my Livvie together would be hell on wheels, I would say! :)

Kim said...

Poor baby girl

The LaBouffs said...

Poor Reese! For the record, one of my nicknames growing up was also Bruiser! I think I turned out okay...tough, but okay :)

davispictures said...

Wowsa! I'll be sure to put some extra padding on my kids before our next playdate. Besides, all you have to do is look at Nathaniel wrong and he bruises!