Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The great escape

The day that I posted naked bookkeeping, the girls and I all took a nap at the same time...finally. I was almost asleep when I heard a door open and shut. I yelled to Abby to get back in bed. Suddenly a smiling face appeared at my bed side. It was Reese. At 17 months old, she managed to climb out of her crib. That has to be some kind of record. I was sick and so tired, so I put her, screaming, back in the crib and got back in bed. Then I heard a boom. She tried to climb out a second time, perhaps a bit too quickly. She got carpet burn on her face and a bloody lip. Neither of us got to nap that day. I have since taken the bumper out of her bed...I think she used it for a boost. She has yet to successfully escape again.

Last night, Kane and I were watching tv and heard Abby. We got up and quietly went to her door for a listen. She was singing, with the lights on. When we went in to corral her, we found her in the bed singing a song about burried treasure. She had hidden her booty, a handful of jewelry, under her sheets. She was having the best time.







post signature

7 comments:

Terri said...

It's hard once those kids learn to climb out of that crib. Shaelyn used to get up on the rail and pretend to ride it like a horse - she was about 18 months. I didn't want to scare her for fear of her falling off so we started to just leave the railing down. We figured it was a smaller distance to fall than up on top!
Hope you're feeling better!

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Halle climbed out of her crib really young too- we ended up moving her to a big girl bed because she kept getting out!

Lindsay said...

hope you are feeling better. That is so crazy that Reese got out of her crib! and a very sweet story about miss Abby!

Mari said...

Those kids will keep you going! Why did she pick the day you were sick to learn this new trick? ute story about Abby!

Amy said...

That has always been my worst fear...Neither of my kids crawled out of their cribs though...They are both chickens :) Hope everyone is better at your house!

Dena said...

Go reeser go - Don't let "the man" keep you down!

Don't you wish we could have a tape running at all times to record awesome moments about buried booty!

Kim said...

Lol... those two girls are such sweethearts. Landen fell off "our" bed one time (not the same as climbing out of his own crib) but he was totally asleep, fell right no his face and he busted up his nose and lips and there was blood everywhere, but he was fine after that but it's scary when they fall out of bed.