Monday, March 3, 2008

Big Mickey fun!


This weekend Abby and I took a roadtrip with some friends to see Playhouse Disney Live. I will admit that it was stressful getting there, turning around and getting lost among the debaucles, but once Abby and I were sitting in our seats with our friends we had a great time. Abby loved doing the hotdog dance with Mickey and the gang...and I might have joined in too! We could not leave without our Little Einstein light stick ($22!) and cotton candy in a Handy Manny hat ($12!) It turned out to be a pricey little trip, even though the tickets were only $20. We stayed overnight with some friends and had a slumber party, it was so much fun. We stayed up until 10:30 watching Noggin...I always wondered why it was on 24 hrs a day! We got up and had belgium waffles and then went swimming in the indoor pool! As long as we were there, we decided to visit the zoo. It was a beautiful day, 70 degrees. Abby and I had the best time with our friends and then by ourselves later. It was like a date, no distractions. I hope to do that more often. On the way home Abby and I had a late lunch at Uno's, yum! We even had dessert. What a weekend, I am glad to be home.

post signature

11 comments:

Jeffcoat House said...

Dude! 10:30? I thought it was closer to 11! What a super fun time. I'm sad we had to depart :(! Loving the "man-handle" Cole had on Abby!

Dena said...

That looks like QUITE an adventure! Sorry we had to miss all the FUN!

Megan said...

So much fun! Abby looks so sweet in her hairbow! I'm thinking about taking her to see Dora next weekend and seeing your pics makes me think she would really enjoy it. How far away did you have to drive?

Cheri said...

How much fun! Ticket prices were great, but they do get you somewhere along the line dont' they!
70 degrees- now that's the perfect temp- I don't like the hot weather but that sounds divine right now.

Mari said...

They always get you with the prices on those extra's don't they. How fun though, for just you and Abby to go. It's good to have some one on one time!

Lindsay said...

what a fun weekend! I am sure you are all exhausted!

Jennisa said...

Man, I would have went to that show WITHOUT my kiddos! I love playhouse Disney!!!!

Looks like you had a fun time...I noticed Handy Manny cotton candy? Seriously?

Love the Aurora polly pocket dolly. We have that one too! :)

The LaBouffs said...

We're jealous! We love playhouse Disney!!! How fun...and super expensive! They know how to make their money. What parent could say no to a $22 light stick for their kid?!?

Terri said...

What a fun time for the two of you.
Why do they make those extra's so expensive? (I know, because we'll buy them!)

Buffie said...

Do you know that I am so sad that I missed that trip? I know you all had a blast!!! What fun!!! Pat, pat, pat, pat!!!!

Kim said...

How fun!
I bet that was much needed one on one time with you and your girl....but I'm sure the other one was missin you at home!
Landen also love Playhouse Disney and sings and sances to the "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot diggity Dog" song.
She is such a doll.
We went to the circus not that long ago and spent over 50.00 dude, it was ridiculous, but all for fun times!!!