Friday, March 14, 2008

Film Review Friday

I have been thinking of doing this for a while now. Thursday night is our date night, and it has been for almost 8 years. I can count on one hand the number of times we have missed it. So on many Thursday nights, we go to the movies. I love movies and we just can't bare to get home before the girls go to bed. It wakes them up and prolongs the whole evening.

Last night was the first time in my entire life that I walked out of a movie, and sadly I have seen some whoppers. We sat down in "The Bank Job" and immediately we noticed that all of the previews were for horror flicks. Usually, that's a bad sign if the previews are crappy. After the opening scene contained nudity, I wondered...but I thought I would give it the benefit of the doubt with ten minutes. During that ten minutes, there were two more nudity filled scenes! Seriously! So, we got up and left. We were going to change our tickets but instead just went in a different theatre...aren't we rebels!

So, the movie we ended up seeing was "Vantage Point." It's a political whodunit, so to speak, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't predictable in the least, which I found intriguing. As a movie buff, and tv-aholic, I often can guess the ending. It was a nice change. I highly recommend it. And as for "The Bank Job," don't let your curiosity get the best of you. Avoid it at all costs!
post signature

10 comments:

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

Thanks for the insight on the bad movie! We also enjoyed "Vantage Point" and found it kept us guessing. Love those kinds of movies!

Mari said...

Thanks for the reviews. I haven't heard of either but I will avoid the bank job.

Dena said...

Dude - I have never known you to leave a movie and we have seen some bad ones! That's why I have you preview them for me! you sooo funny!

The LaBouffs said...

I've walked out of a few! I just don't go to the movies much anymore! I let it come out on dvd and then rent it! Thanks for the heads up! I'll def stay clear of that one!

Cheri said...

I've walked out of 1 movie too. It's so dissapointing when it turns out to be not what you expected.
Glad you found a good one in Vantage Point.

The Birds Nest said...

I'm glad to have someone to review them for me. We LOVE movies, but unfortunately most of them are viewed from our family room:)

Jeffcoat House said...

I have walked out of several; but sadly, I have not heard of either of those- but we also don't watch regular TV or cable right now. I am so proud of you for following your convictions!

Megan said...

Shane and I don't go to many movies, but we sure have turned the t.v. off! Thanks for the warning. The previews didn't make it seem like this at all!

Terri said...

I have heard of Vantage Point and they gave it a good review too. Too bad about "the bank job" That's annoying!

Buffie said...

Dude...I love this idea of Film Review Friday!!! All the more excuse to make a movie a must on date night!!! I totally value your opinion..you are so a movie-ista..how ya like that??!!!