Friday, March 21, 2008

Film Review Friday

Last night we went to see 10,000 BC. Let me start by saying, I had no interest in seeing this but there was nothing else to see and Kane wanted to see it. Also, I didn't want to go home before the girls were in bed! That is always so stressful and disappointing. So, we went anyway.

I really enjoyed it! It was filled with action (for the boys,) and had a little romance too (for the ladies.) What it didn't have was vulgarity or nudity, which is a plus in today's society and film industry. It did have a pagan undertone, which is appropriate with the setting. I know some are really offended by that, so I though I would let you know. Kane thought it was a little long, at two hours, but I didn't think that at all. We really enjoyed it, a great date night choice.
post signature

6 comments:

Cheri said...

Glad you had a good date night. I totally understand about getting home before the kids are sleeping!

Mari said...

Thanks for the review. It's nice to hear from a real live person, instead of a movie reviewer. I often don't agree with the professionals anyway!

OLED said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

jenniedub said...

I am so jealous. My hubby is so not a movie person. We have only been to the movies for get this, a concert via satellite!!

Terri said...

I love getting home after Shaelyn's in bed - although she most always tends to still be awake!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Hmmmm...it doesn't look good at all from the trailer, but I might just have to go see it since you liked it.

I have about ten others I want to see, too. We NEVER go to the theater, but we watch EVERYTHING on DVD!