Monday, March 31, 2008

Party at the Park




Friday, we went to Hughston's 3rd birthday party at our favorite park. It was a BEAUTIFUL day, clear and 75 degrees. The perfect play day. We played with friends, ate hot dogs with daddy and topped it off with a super yummy Rocket (Little Einsteins) cake made by our very own Nana. Sometimes cakes look better than they taste...you get one or the other. But not with Meredith...they taste even better than they look. She is just that good!
On a side note, sorry that I have been MIA and such a comment slacker. It's tax time and I have been doing so much bookwork that I don't even feel like a stay at home mom any more! Some days I work more than I even get to play with them...bummer. I hope that changes in the near future. I, so, would trade my days as a stay at home wife to be able to just hang with them some more. I had it so good then, I thought it would always be that way. I really need to stop whining and praise the Lord for the amazing things He has done with our business. Is more money worth less time with my babies? Of course not, but (there's always a but) at this point, I'm the best man for the job...or at least the cheapest! ;)
post signature

5 comments:

Cheri said...

You're right to be thankful for the work. Here in Michigan there are so many people looking for jobs. I hear you though on the trade off- it's so hard not being able to spend the amount of time you want with your kids. Hope it balances out soon!

Mari said...

That is one cute cake! Thanks goodness it's april and tax time will soon be done!

Jeffcoat House said...

Oh that Reeser! Love the hat! Honestly, I do not miss the self-employed book work, but I do miss the self-employed money ;)! This will be over S-O-O-N!

Lindsay said...

oh my- love the cake! and the picture of Reese! Hang in there..this season will be over soon and I am sure you cherish your moments with them more than those of us who do get to hang out all day..

Dena said...

so cute in her little hat! my pumpkin! so sad to have missed such a fun birthday and a cake by nana!