Saturday, April 5, 2008

Festival time!!!





Today we went to the festival here in town. It is thousands of people, crafts, games and lots of food. It is such a fun time of the year. It was rainy but we stayed and played anyway...that is until about 4 o'clock when they got out the bullhorns and police intercoms and announce that the park was closing due to severe weather warnings! It was actually kind of scary. I have been going for about 20 years and that has never happened. There were tornado and hail warnings.
Until that point, we did have a great time though. Yummy food, lots of friends...did I mention that Dena knows EVERYONE?! I basically could just stand still while tons of people (and polititians, funny) came to chat with her. I got to meet lots of people. We rode the fun train tram, for the second day in a row. Did I forget to mention that we went yesterday too? It is definately a three day affair. I brought home some super cute monkey bows, I'm sure you will see them soon.

post signature

6 comments:

Jennisa said...

How fun! You and Dena...I tell ya, you two just have a ball together, don't ya?

Looks like you had a fun adventure, even if it was a little rainy!

Jeffcoat House said...

YAY! I'm so glad you got to go and had a good time. I was concerned the weather was going to be too yucky!!! Who don't like a monkey bow!

Mari said...

I can't believe all the fun things that you guys do! I'm glad you are all okay after those storms!

Lindsay said...

it was so much fun! we did two days- I know you are proud!I love that Dena and Annie are wearing political stickers!!

Cheri said...

How fun but yes I bet that was a little scary when the alarms went off.
I'm shocked and can hardly believe that Dena knows so many people-smiles!

Terri said...

what a great time in spite of the weather! That's kind of scary.
So Dena knows people to talk to huh?