Sunday, April 13, 2008

Film Review Friday

I know I'm a little late, but it's a double feature this week. I hope to save you $40...that should be worth the wait!

For date night we went to see Leatherheads, with Renee Zellweger and George Clooney. It is is a story set in the 1920's about the beginning of professional football, with a tad of romantic comedy thrown in. Emphasis on the tad. I must say that Renee was cute and sassy as always but the movie was just flat out boring. You can skip it.

Last night, Dena and I escaped to a mini-girls night out. After dinner (yum, I should have brought home the doggie bag) we went to the movies out of sheer freedom to do so. And, also it had been far to long since Dena had stepped inside a theatre. So we went to see Smart People, with Sarah Jessica Parker and Dennis Quaid. It is a "romantic dramedy," about a grouchy professor who is a widower and a former student who has a wildy, unrealistic crush on him. I did laugh a few times, but it was a little short on the comedy. Pretty much, you can skip it. I wouldn't even bother renting it actually. By that time the theaters will be filled with Summer time hits.

I haven't had much luck at the movies lately...sad. I can't wait for Summer.


post signature

7 comments:

Dena said...

Thank goodness for movie reviews - too bad i had to be one of the critics - we totally could have saved the money (don't let me forget I owe you $) at least we didn't get popcorn to add to it! I knew you would want that doggie box - Do you think it's okay after sitting on the roof for two L O N G hours?

Where's the pictures dude?

Mari said...

You really aren't having very good luck at the movies lately. I'm sorry that even George Clooney couldn't rescue that movie!

Cheri said...

Glad to have that review. I thought Leatherheads looked kind of cute.
Still good to get away with a friend!

Terri said...

I also thought that Leatherheads might have had a chance - Dave thought it looked good but oh well, we'll scrap it. Besides I don't want to give any more of my hard earned money to George Clooney- I used to like the guy but not so much anymore...

Wani said...

LOVE your blog layout/design! And your girls are adorable! I have the two cutest boys ever, but I'm hoping to someday have a girl... someday. Your girls can reign as the two cutest girls in the world until I have one of my own! he he ;)

Ang said...

THANKS for the reviews..I don't get to squeeze in much movie time-so this is WAY helpful!! :) :)
PS: I love reading your blog!!

Becoming Me said...

Thanks for the reviews. You have a cute blog