Tuesday, April 29, 2008

He sure is funny

After years of bookwork, just recently I have decided to be responsible with it and have actually enjoyed it lately. I have prayed for years that God would relieve me of that duty and fought with Kane about hiring a book keeper. He was afraid that we couldn't trust someone or that it would be expensive. Also our office is in the playroom of our house! Although we are growing, we are still small, but it has been almost a full time job juggling with the girl's schedules lately. Last Summer, I specifically struggled with it because I had a nanny. While Miss Sarah was the best stand in for me that I could ever dream of, I was so sad and jealous that they were laughing and playing while I was at my desk. During one quiet time with God, I distinctly heard in my Spirit that I would not always be doing that. He told me that I should get things organized and ready.

Last week, Kane was organizing a special job. One of our new employees volunteered his wife for laying some pine straw. He said she was formerly a book keeper and wasn't working. Best of all, she was a believer and only wanted to work part time. How perfect is that? I waited, I was obedient (finally) and God brought the book keeper to us. I am always in awe of His plan and I am so blessed by this answer to prayer. Ms. Shirley started yesterday, and she is so sweet and eager to help and learn. I think I have just enough time to train her before school is out next month...then I can spend the summer with my girls! Water park, here we come! God is so good, all the time.

post signature

9 comments:

Cheri said...

That is so fabulous! What an answer to prayer and I bet you appreciate it even more now than you would have before.
Enjoy!

Terri said...

What a great answer to prayer. Enjoy your time together!

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

Thanks be to God! I know you will really enjoy your summer with your family.

The LaBouffs said...

That's awesome! I know you are super excited! Congrats!

Susie said...

Great news! That means we can finally set up some play dates for the kids. They need more time together than just the park!

Mari said...

That's wonderful - I think it sounds like an answer to your prayers and also Ms Shirley's!

Jeffcoat House said...

WHOO HOO! I love when God works like that. His timing is PERFECT!

Dena said...

Hoooray! God is SOOOO funny! He always makes me laugh (usually at myself) I am sooo excited about Miss Shirley - the waterpark (passes?) and may have to use her too~

Lindsay said...

Thats super fantastic! I needed to hear a good testimony today! Props on listening to the spirit and persevering- you have been blessed!