Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Horton Hears No Who

Friday afternoon I decided to take Abby to the movies. I LOVE the movies, and I love to share this with her. I organized everything to go...got Kane and Reese food, changed carseats, changed Abby's clothes in the car after swimming at a friend's. We get there, buy my ticket, $9. Get in line to get our snackie dinner, $15. Grab a booster and head for the theater. Abby has to go potty, of coarse. We lug the booster and all of our food to the potty. She goes and we wash and head for the theater again...she has to potty again. So, we head for the potty spilling popcorn all the while. We head for the theater again and get the door open, even though my arms are filled with popcorn, nachos, 2 drinks and skittles...AND the booster she HAD to have. She starts crying. She's "afraid of the movies." Seriously?! We've been several times before. I tried to change her mind, but there's no taking a crying kid into the theater! So I got my ticket refunded and we dragged all our snacks home. I was crushed and devastated. I really took it personally and almost cried (pms fo sho)...I am so in trouble. The first time I hear an "I hate you" (when she's much, much older I hope) I may need to be medicated.





post signature

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How tragic! Plan B next time is: 1. Call Kane to pick up crying child. 2. Call Carrie to meet you at the movies. I will even sit in the booster seat.
Love ya, Carrie

Mari said...

What a bummer! I can see why you were disappointed. Hope she gets over this soon or you will just have to rent it later.

Cheri said...

I would be so bummed too. After all that work- I might have cried also.
Hope she changed her mind because it was such a cute movie!

The Birds Nest said...

I hate that for you. I know you do love a movie. Mike and I were at Blockbuster the other night, we saw Enchanted on the shelf and he said that he wanted to see it. I knew you would appreciate that:) I love that my husband loves Disney movies and can be such a girl:)

Terri said...

That is so frustrating. It's a lot of work to get there and then for her to now want to go! But really, what could you do? At least they refunded your money!

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

So sorry to hear about the miserable movie experience! Wish I could have been there to help somehow. Our Jack freaks out if we get there after the house lights have been turned off.

Dena said...

That is sooo sad! I would have thought a love of the movies would have run in her blood! she's just at that stage and toughen up cause an "I don't like you" is just around da cornah!

Jeffcoat House said...

Dude! You totally needed Ms. Sarah! I so sorry it made you sad. If it makes you feel ANY better, Cole told me last week he was going to get a new Mama because he didn't like me any more. So it could have been SO much worse for you.

Lindsay said...

oh that is a bummer! That stinks when you make an effort to plan something super fun and it doesn't work out- espcially with your time being so precious with them right now!oh and- I can't imagine ever having to hear an "i hate you" that will be a "sucky" day!

Megan said...

We moms have such great ideas and good intentions. It's so hard when they just don't work out. I hear you about the "I hate you thing" Avery keeps telling me that I am her best friend and I am trying to store that memory in my heart for when she's 16 and telling me she hates me. AHHH! Being a mommy is the greatest joy and the greatest heartache all at once. Good thing we know we'll all be perfect in heaven and they can't be mad at us there! HA!

Shelly said...

I noticed your blog through Mari and wanted to comment that your kids are adorable. Sorry the movie did not work out. One time my step-son complained of a belly ache when we went to see Shrek three and I was the only adult with two 9yr old boys and a 6 year old boy. Hard to take one to bathroom and leave other two there and worry so had to have them come with and had to leave after tried to go back in. Was not a happy camper either and neither were the other two boys. Oh well, that is life

Ang said...

I hate that!! I remember a very similar story when Britton was 3 and he was so pumped to see Monsters Inc. that we even had to include Grandma in on that first. He screamed when we opened the doors because it was already dark (because it took us forever at the snack counter). I don't mean a little three year old scream, I mean a SHREEEEK to the tops of his lungs scream!! I totally am feeling your pain and dissapointment!! Isn't being a Mommy fun??!!