Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Two-fer Tuesday



Reese: 1.) Reese has been soooo talkative lately. She chats all the time and mixes words with the few signs that she knows. Her latest phrase is "ant dat," for want that. How convenient...it's still cute. But for how long?
2.) She also is very into animal books and trying to make the sounds. She can do frog, dog, duck and bear for sure. She calls birds "b," and points them out in the sky. She can also say moon and point it out too. I don't feel like that's stellar for her age because she doesn't get the book time Abby did as an only child. I do feel like she knows so many words because she is not an only. It's a trade-off. That's probably the reason she will only eat junk food too, Abby never had candy before age 2. Reese was probably less than 1. Although, they still don't get candy everyday unless you count fruit snacks as candy. They only really get it at Granny's house...even though she knows I say no candy! That granny! ;)
Abby: 1.) Abby has been really whiny lately. I think she observes the way Reese communicates and thinks that that is the way to get what she wants. I hope it passes soon.
2.) She also has been really interested in helping me cook. It's kind of a new concept around here. I really haven't cooked much since Abby was born. In an effort to save money and because Reese is not great in a restaurant I have been cooking most nights. She really likes to help and
then she is more likely to try the new food.
Mommy:
1.) I have been so busy lately, I feel like super mom! Work has been so busy, some days I spend my entire day at my desk. I think that I am officially a working mom. I have struggled to hold on to this "in my spare time" mentality. I suppose it was just pride and a desire to give my children my full attention. On the flip side, I believe God has finally transformed my heart and answered my prayer to accept it. It is the oddest thing, I have really enjoyed my work lately. I find a lot of satisfaction in it. Maybe I just never wanted to.
2.) I have been cooking up a storm! Old recipes and new, I have been busy. I will admit that we went out tonight for free kids night at Moe's. Kane's car is in the shop so I haven't been to the store this week. It actually is nice not to eat the same old stuff and to be so full at night. I haven't lost any weight but I am hopeful.


post signature

11 comments:

Mari said...

More cute pictures of those two! I bet Abby is in another "stage". I found that when my kids were young, they would go through these things and you just have to hold on and hope it doesn't last too long!

Shelly said...

Your girls are so adorable! Like Mari said that is a stage and it to shall pass. Kids are so interesting in the ways that they grow up. Before you know it, you will have grandkids and spoil them. :)

Darby Stickler said...

Leslie,

Morgan does the same thing that Abby is doing... the "baby talk/whine". It will nearly drive a mom crazy... especially when they know how to talk. I tell Morgan I will respond to her when she talks/acts like a big girl. Sometimes it works! Anyway, I hope it will pass soon! But she's definitely not the ONLY one doing this!!!

The LaBouffs said...

Did you make their dresses? They are adorable!! The girls just get cuter and cuter! Noah has started the same whiny thing that Abby is doing. He doesn't understand why he gets in trouble for it and Kendall doesn't...even after explaining to him. Like you said, hopefully, it'll pass soon!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Those girls are so cute! I'm glad you're enjoying your work. Whatever you're going to do (stay home or work), you should fully enjoy it. I'm trying to figure out how to love working (even though I'm at home, I don't get to be a stay-at-home wife and mother.)

Terri said...

Those little cuties! I'm thinking Abby is probably just going through a stage with the whining. They all go through various stages - you just pray some of them don't last as long as others!

Cheri said...

They are so cute. If you get a second you should video Reese doing the animal sounds- that would be so fun to see!

Buffie said...

I am really happy for you; all of you. We should recipe swap and maybe even reinstall the supper swap since you're cooking more. I always find that the less I eat out the better my weight is!!

Jeffcoat House said...

Nice... That is awesome Abby likes to "help" you cook. "Train 'em up" I say!

Dena said...

I REALLY could just eat them with a spoon! That Reeser is a makin' me laugh all the days! i think Abby sees how cute we think it is when the reeser does it - she just wants the attention! And if it makes you feel better - she mainly just does it around you! She was a BIG girl yesterday!

Lindsay said...

oh yes, we are having some 3 year old frustration in ousr hosue too. I may need to post about it soon to get some advice..anyway..thats fun you are cooking...pass on any good recipies you find..vegetarian or not!!