Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day Tea




At Abby's school today, the mommies came 30 minutes early to school and had a tea party with our wee ones. There were little tables set up with gifts made by the kids, tea, muffins and cookies. They told us Happy Mothers Day and we had treats together. Abby especially liked the "mittens" which were little bowls of butter mints on the table. They sang a few songs that they sing at school which I really enjoyed. She comes home singing sometimes and I don't know what she is singing at all, so I am glad to know the words. It was a special time, I don't get to spend a lot of time with Abby alone, without the crazy Reeser.


post signature

10 comments:

Mari said...

What a fun thing to do for Mothers Day. I love their excitement about these things when they are young!

Jennisa said...

That is SO fun! I love how your lipstick matches your shirt! Y'all do look FAB!!!!!

jenniedub said...

What a cute idea! I am going to have to steal that idea for my class next year! :)

Lindsay said...

thats such a sweet idea!

Jenny said...

That's so precious!!! And I love how she called the mints 'mittens'...so cute.

The Birds Nest said...

What a precious pic of you and Abby. Happy Mother's Day to you!!

Cheri said...

Those are such special moments.
Have a terrific Mother's Day!

Dena said...

So cute! She do look cutie in her dress - I am guessing she has the frog bow in - LOVE the BIG BOW! you do look oh so perdy!

Terri said...

Oh Shaelyn had a tea party last year with me in preschool. Isn't that fun. It's great to spend a little one-on-one time together!

Jeffcoat House said...

So darling! I know you had a blast!