Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sniff Sniff



Last week was the last week of school. It's only 3 mornings a week for 3 hours, but those few hours are precious! On Thursday their preschool had an end of the year carnival. It was fantastic; jump castles, food and all their school friends and teachers. Abby's class made these cute shirts with everyone's handprints on them and they all wore them. It was great weather and, as usual, we were the last to leave...we LOVE a party!
IN OTHER SAD NEWS...We have decided (Kane) to abandon Abby's nap finally...I am so sad. When-o-when am I supposed to get stuff done! Abby is not a child who entertains herself at all. She requires and demands undivided attention. But last night she was up til 11pm after only a one hour nap. I see some playdates in the our future...listen for your phone to ring soon!

post signature

12 comments:

Jennisa said...

LOVE those shirts! When I taught preschool, we did something similar to that! :)

Reese is adorable!

I'll be waiting for my phone to ring! We'd love to hop on over for a playdate! :)

Mari said...

It is sad when they give up the naps, but the earlier bedtimes are a bonus! The shirt is so cute!

Dena said...

We had an 11 oclocker night too..actually I think I fell asleep before annie...hahahah
We will be at the pool if ya need us...don't call my cell doesn't work there! Hahahaha

Cheri said...

I had to give up Halle's naps at an early age too. Even if she slept for 15 minutes my night was over with!

Dawn in NC said...

I thought I would put in my two cents about the nap time. My daughter gave up naps a few months ago, but she (and I) still needed that quiet time...so now instead of nap time she has quiet time and she can either play quietly in her room by herself or she can get in my bed and watch a movie for a while. She's not a play-by-herself kind of girl either, but this works! And I get my much needed quiet time (or housework time) too!!

The LaBouffs said...

My, oh my! I don't even want to think of the day when we drop naps altogether! I totally understand...naptime is ME time! Hopefully, she'll learn to entertain herself or you can find something to keep her occupied for a little while! What about some type of lessons?

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Baby Signs DVD!!! Kids sit and watch this forever...and they're learning sign language.

jenniedub said...

Hope you get some "Leslie" time....b/c my kindergarten students still have "nap" time although some just lay there and stare at the wall!! :)

Terri said...

My girls all quit naps when they turned 2 - It had it benefits though - they went to bed much better at night. Hope it works for you!

Lindsay said...

that made me laugh" we decided (kane)" I am sorry dude, that is super duper suckyness. Roman has been having a problem napping too but I am still persisting...for my sanity! I pray God gives you wisdom on where you can find some time to refresh yourself during the day..so important!

Jeffcoat House said...

No NAP!? Let me know how that works when you get prego.

The Birds Nest said...

LOVE the pic of Reese in the swing!!! So sorry about the no nap. Bummer!!