Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Christmas in July


Those close to us know that everyday is Christmas in our household! Our girls want for nothing. But today it really was Christmas in July. Abby and I opened a present that never got opened at Christmas time. Frankly, I wasn't excited about all the tiny pieces of this train set (Thanks Granny!) and I thought about returning it. It never made it back to the store so, finally I put it all together today. It took almost an hour and my hands are tired from tiny screws in the battery compartments but Abby LOVES it. She said "Mama, this is so cool." several times and it has her full attention. That's how I am blogging! Hooray for Geo Trax.
On a separate note, Abby had to go potty this morning. I went to put her new princess potty seat on the potty. She said no mama, I don't like that. I said why? She said "because it's not new anymore." How funny is that? American materialism demonstrated in the innocence of a child!
post signature

9 comments:

Mari said...

What fun! It's probably a good idea to save a present for later.

Dena said...

DUDE!

Terri said...

Great idea to save one for July. Kids get so much in December - now the fun is spread out.

Cheri said...

I agree. They get so much on Christmas that it's nice to see the excitement spread out a bit.

Jeffcoat House said...

So Cole as just looking at this with me and said, "Mama, we HAVE to go to Abby's to play with her trains!" Looks like we'll be heading your way.

Megan said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great idea! And I bet that hour is so worth now that you get a moment to blog. It's hard when they stop taking a nap!

Heaven Cent Baby Boutique said...

Abby is so silly!! She needs to come check out my moms new shop she will be a good customer!!

nate.davis said...

Time for a missions trip to Africa for the Wright girls...we'll join you!

Lindsay said...

That is hilarious! I love when I find something to entertain like that! great idea!