Friday, October 17, 2008

Some projects...







I have been sewing a lot in the last few weeks. Partly because of Abby's need for clothes and partly because of our new budget...and mostly because it's fun! The apple pants outfit came first. I made Reese some pants but shortened a bishop to make her a shirt for it. I decided to make the a-line dress to wear over the apple shirt so it's more versitile, the apple aplique is a pocket. As long as I had to line it...I figured why not make it reversible. So I added the whale applique and ric-rac, I actually like it better than the apple. The whale applique I got here. The purse pattern there is one of my next projects! Can't wait!





This outfit is a geometric bishop top with blue pants and flowery ruffles and pockets. It was a very quick project. The unfinished looking one I smocked at the beach this past weekend. It is a blue and brown check with sanddollars smocked on it. It will have long cuffed sleeves and hopefully be completed next week because I got a new stash of fabric today! I can't wait to get started on it.



post signature

t

7 comments:

Mari said...

Those are so cute! You did great!

Lindsay said...

seriously- those are so sweet. I love the whale.Great job!!Thats fun you have a new budget- or maybe not so fun? It does make one have to get creative which has turned out to be a blessing for us!

Susie said...

I am so proud of you! Those look great! I especially love the apple 2pc sets for the girls. They look great on and fun for fun! Now we need a PG outing apple picking...

Dena said...

You are SOOOOO crafty!
I LOVE them all!!!

The LaBouffs said...

You HAVE been busy! I like the whale...really cute and reversible...even better!

Megan said...

You did an awesome job! I downloaded the stuff you sent me and need to print it off. I've had a lot of stuff to do for MOPS so I haven't had much sewing time. I'm plugging away on the smocking. Not very good, my stitches are pretty ugly. GLad there are three to practice on!

Jeffcoat House said...

SHUSH!!! I am loving the pocket book one- AWESOME!!