Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Projects




Here are the Christmas outfits that I have been working on. I made one for each of the girls so that they would have two matching sets. They turned out very well I think and I used my new serger a ton on both projects. A serger is an awesome sewing tool...I consider it a necessity now. The green one I finished tonight, I suspect that Reese's is too short, that is the hazard of making a new pattern for the first time. I probably will make pants for the short one and stick it on Abby instead.

I know the blog has been kind of sewing project heavy lately...but really that's all I have been doing. Everything else has been nothing special. Preschool, work, chores...and it's been unseasonably cold here so we have been mostly inside. I started out sewing more to save some money on the girl's clothes, but I really don't think it's too much cheaper. They don't need anymore clothes, but I just keep sewing! It's compulsive, really.


post signature

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have a serger too and my dh asks why I need 2 machines. I explain it like an oven and a microwave they just don't do the same thing. LOL!
Cute outfits.
Smiles!

Mari said...

Both of those outfits are so cute! Good job!

Jeffcoat House said...

Love, love, love them! Soooo cute!

Cheri said...

They turned out so cute. I really wish I knew how to so- I think I'd have fun with it too!

Susie said...

Super cute! I love Abby's hand on her hips too. Sassy Pants;) Great job, Mama!