Sunday, December 21, 2008

Silver Ball




Last night we went to the Silver Ball, hosted by the Cotillian Club here in town. Usually it is a debutante ball to present young women to society (it's a Southern thing) but this year, there were no debs. So instead of ballgowns it was cocktail attire. This means it was WAY more fun! I haven't been since my sister's debut, 8 years ago maybe? I'm older now and many of my very good friends were there...so it was SOOOOOO much fun! Really, LOTS of fun. I even stopped by the local jewelers ;) to choose some bling to borrow...that was very much fun too, I don't want to give it back and am wearing it right now!!! Hahaha, I can't wait to go again next year!




post signature

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow-you guys look great. Fun to get all fancy now and then huh!

Mari said...

You look great! I didn't know they still did the debutante thing. Us northerners are so out of it!

Jennisa said...

How stinkin' fun! Gol, I want to live there!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress! I can't tell you how BEAUTIFUL you look in it! It is just breathtaking! I'm sure Kane was proud to have you on his arm!!! :)

davispictures said...

Love the ice, love the eye makeup, love the dress. My only complaint is I can't see your shoes!!!! And I KNOW they were fabulous! Lookin' sharp, Byrnes. You made me proud! :)