Saturday, December 13, 2008

A trip to see HoHo





Today we went to see HoHo, which is what the girls call Santa. Abby will actually correct me and say, "No, mama I call Santa HoHo!" We got there a little early and waited in line a little more than an hour. It was pretty chilly and the girls ran around and played while I waited. We were pretty close to the front actually, I think it takes so long because people can't get their kids to smile. It is free also so there are lots of people there. My girls did beautifully, I was stunned and Santa's helpers were too. We were in and out in less than two minutes. They smiled and Abby told him she wanted a sewing machine (glad that's on order!)Reese shrugged her shoulders when he asked her, which is so fine with me given she didn't cry and willingly hopped in his lap and gave him a hug! The same Santa has been doing it for years, maybe since I was in middle school. He was the fedex guy then at my parents store and his beard is real and he is so sweet. He comes out before it starts to say hi to all the kids. I think that's great so they're not stunned to walk in the picture cubby! It was so much fun and we had a great day! The Christmas Spirit is starting to rise up...but I still refuse to put ornaments on the tree! Your Christmas cards will have to do for now!




post signature

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Ok, I have to know, what does a "pretty chilly". Wait, maybe I don't want to know :)
Glad you guys have a real looking Santa. We always end up with the 30yr old, skinny guy, with the fake beard

Jamie said...

Ooops, that first sentence makes no sense. ha ha. I meant to say, "What does pretty chilly mean". My brain must be frozen.

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Did I miss something? Why haven't you put ornaments on the tree yet?

Mari said...

Pretty chilly? I was 16 degrees when I left for work yesterday morning!
Those are cute pictures and that Santa looks like the real deal!

Carly said...

Your little girls are so beautiful! They are always dressed so cute! Where do you purchase patterns for their clothing?

Dena said...

that is a GREAT picture with santie claus!!!