Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Reeser


Reese is getting so big, I can't believe it sometimes. She has her moments...some days I just stare and marvel at her, I think she's just gorgeous (as I'm sure most parents think of their kids)and her speech is amazing to me for a two year old. She says some funny things and uses full sentences most of the time. But sometimes, I wonder where this devil child came from! Kane thinks she inherited it from me but my mom swears I didn't stomp my feet and tantrum like that. When she doesn't get her way she starts-a-stompin'...and a screaming and flailing and crying! If you do something she doesn't like she opens wide and screams bloody murder right in your face...that's always nice. And yet, I am fully in love with her, smitten even.

Reese loves Dora and wants to watch "Dowa" all day long, she is very persistent to say the least. (which definitely came from Kane!) She stands right in front of the screen and answers all of Dora's questions. She carries her whole bumper around the house like a lovie and will snuggle up (and chew and suck) to most any stuffed animal though. It switches almost daily. She is very difficult in the eating right now, she pretty much lives on Ritz crackers, raisins, yogurt and nutrigrain bars. She also loves pop tarts and asks for candy all day, which of course I don't give her.

Reese loves dressing up like a princess even more than Abby (which I didn't think was possible!) She is wearing a princess dress over her clothes most of the day and sometimes sleeps in them too. Mismatched princess shoes always complete her look too. She really likes to paint and color with markers. I have to keep a close eye on this though because she is very skilled in the art of murals and carpet design. She is very good at art I think and is left handed, she even holds a pen the right way which is kinda cool.

My little diva is not afraid to tell you how it is and walks all over the house with her hands on her hips and sometimes a scowl on her face...she is a natural at the art of manipulation. Sometimes I give in without even thinking straight and Kane has to remind me what I just did! (He has always been pretty immune to the wiles of female manipulation!) I think she likes to taunt him, at night she refuses to tell him goodnight! She smirks and runs for her room! And that Reeser loves her mommy, she is stuck to me most of the time. I cannot get any alone bathroom time without her kicking and screaming at the door. She does go to preschool without a tantrum but most any other time we're separated she throws a fit....man, how I love that Reeser.

post signature

2 comments:

Cheri said...

She is a cutie- she'd have me wrapped around her finger too!

Carly said...

I enjoy your blog so much! Reese is just precious! Her personality reminds me so much of my Mary Reese (16 months old). These girls are something else!

I am in awe at your abiltiy to make your girls clothes You have such talent! I got my first sewing machine this Cmas and hope to be smocking in the near future. Can you suggest any cute patterns for beginning sewers? Ive mastered the A-line dress and am ready to move on!