Tuesday, April 28, 2009

As promised, I got started right away last night! I labored over what to make last night...it was silly really, but I finally made a decision. I got this pretty floral at the big sale a while back and decided to make a dress for Abby. First I monogrammed it, of course! That's one of the big features of my new machine. It was great, I am going to be doing a lot more of that in the future. Then I made a little A-line dress called "Lillian" by Children's Corner. It was a cinch I made the whole thing, from start to finish, in about 1.5 hours. It buttons up the back and has little slits in the side hems. It's really cute, I will have to make that one again.

This morning I got a surprise call from the owner of the shop where I got my machine yesterday. I immediately thought "oh no!" BUT...she called to tell me that the manufacturer decided to discount the machine $500 and I would be recieving a credit back...on the machine I bought YESTERDAY! I really thought it was too good to be true, which is a little funny because the sermon in church this week was about being "too good to be true." It's amazing...I was already getting a good deal, but the price I ended up with was what a used one might cost! So praise God for sweet surprizes!




Today was our park playgroup day and it was such a sweet surprize that several friend's kids were wearing clothes that I have made! I opted for a spur of the moment photo shoot! I seldom see kids other than my own wearing things I have made (during the wee hours of the morning) so that was really fun for me. And of course, my kids were in some Leslie Originals too! It was a beautiful, perfect day at the park.


post signature

4 comments:

Mari said...

You'll have to use those models to do a catalog!
The monogram is awesome!!!

Tommy, Erica, and Addie Kate said...

Oh my goodness! How lucky are these children for you to be sewing for them!? There is nothing like an original outfit! I just LOVE the Paulie! And the outfit that your little girl is wearing (can't remember the pattern). Precious! You are so talented! Congrats on your new machine!

Cindy said...

Leslie...I am sure you will enjoy your new machine!!!

The CC Lillian is one of my absolute favorite patterns!!! It is quick and adorable!!!

Your work is beautiful. I'll be back to visit again!!

Megan said...

Girl, you've been busy! LOOOOOOOOOOVE the new projects you've made wtih your machine. How exciting. Did you come up with a name? I just emptied out the playroom, put most the toys in the kids rooms and am thinking about turning it into a craft room. Selfish? Maybe, but I hate going into the basement. Doesn't really get the creative juices flowing! HA! You're doing an amazing job. Wish I was there to see it in person!