Monday, May 4, 2009

A Full Weekend


We had a busy weekend, filled with birthday parties, family visits and sewing. I like this first picture where Reese managed to insert herself in the middle of this family picture!We got a new park in town that is filled with cool new toys designed for big kids...the girls just love it and look how Reese is quite the climber! She did need help on the way down though.Here is the Reeser with another birthday girl. Here's Lily Kate...Reese's official partner in crime. They have a love-hate relationship that puzzles me, I must say.Here is the Sassy Skirt that I made a week or so ago. I finally put the belt loops and sash on this weekend. It looks much cuter now, I think. When it came time to turn the tiny belt loop tube inside out, I was at a loss. So, I went diggin in the kitchen drawers.And found this. It worked surpisingly well...can you tell what it is? It's a shrimp deveiner...which I never use. The handle is thick and easy to hold and the tip is rounded so it didn't poke a hole in the end of the tube. So, I stuck it in the jar with my scissors and such instead of returning it to the back of the drawer.

post signature

5 comments:

Mari said...

That skirt is so cute! Using the shrimp deveiner was a brilliant idea.

Lindsay said...

i love all your sewing projects! and reeser is so beautiful. i love the pic of her and LK. that looks like a fun playground..i havn't even seen it,yet.take care!

The LaBouffs said...

That skirt is really cute...and Reese is sooooo pretty! I think she just gets prettier and prettier!

Susie said...

She's crafty...that's just my type!

Hippie Family... said...

that is too cute and such a great idea. I have my pampered chef scraper and chop sticks in my sewing room. the scrapper makes a great bone folder :D