Wednesday, May 20, 2009


I stayed up last night making teacher gifts for the last day of school today. I didn't decide definatively to make them until about 7:30pm...always a last minute person. Anyway, they are cute, quilted notebook covers that I made in a class a few weeks back. I whipped them up with some fabric in my stash that I could not decide what to do with. I almost wanted to keep one for me and trade out my class one, but they are cute and monogrammed so I left them all the same (although one of the teacher's initials is L!)There was a short "program" in Abby's class this morning where they showed us a little of what they did each day. First saying the pledge of allegiance, which was so sweet. I have to admit I was a little verclempt during that...I am a sappy mommy I guess.Then they sang some songs that they used to learn the days of the week and months of the year.And also some fun songs as well, glad I found clean bloomers to put on Abby this morning...some of the other moms were not so lucky. They were called up for a hug from sweet Ms. Terri and a diploma. I must say we love us some Ms. Terri, we had her two years in a row and she loves my Abby like no other. Abby also loves her other teacher Ms. Brady, who I didn't manage to get a picture of. We are going to miss them next year, but I'm sure Abby will get plenty of hugs and kisses in the hallway.

post signature

5 comments:

Mari said...

I love those monograms! Cute pictures of Abby too!

Cheri said...

Leslie- those gifts are so so cute. I'm sure the teachers will really appreciate them!

Tommy, Erica, and Addie Kate said...

Great idea for the teacher's gifts. I'd definitely use one, also being a teacher!

zees5 said...

All the pictures of your kids are so cute and I love the slide show feature. Do you think you'll do a tutorial for the notebook covers? Those are great!

summervillemomof3 said...

I LOVE my notebook!!! I use it ALL the time and it's always with me in my purse (yes, it does fit in my purse). Thank you so much and I hope you and you girls are having a fabulous summer!