Tuesday, June 16, 2009

On a Binge

I did a LOT of sewing this weekend, I didn't have time for sewing last week and so I made up for lost time this weekend! First, I had two sock monkey shirts and buttons and button holes on all three outfits to complete before I could do anything for myself. And the first thing I did was this Mary De for Abby. I have had this cut out for a while and just not done the construction. I used this Nashville Cotton Passion Posies fabric on two outfits for "clients" and I HAD to have some too. It is gorgeous to work with and I used pink parallel parking stripe for the piping. The Mary De is a pattern for a smocked insert, so for this style I used a lining pattern piece for the full front with no smocking and I monogrammed it instead. This is a new pattern at the shop, Gingersnap's "Maddie's Tiered Sundress." I did the version with no tiers and just a one piece bottom. I really liked this pattern, it was pretty easy the first time through. I added piping around the top which the pattern didn't call for and it took a little longer. Without the piping (because I made the piping) this would really go together quickly. My only complaint is that the pattern starts at size 4 and it's a big, full 4 so I can't make one for Reese without adjusting the pattern myself. This is the new Michael Miller dotty swirl that I picked up last week. I couldn't wait to use it and love how the dotty initial monogram complements the design. I love this fabric...it cut in line ahead of several projects!
I also made that skort outfit for Reese that's posted below and put together an a-line that a friend never got around to putting together. It was a great sewing weekend!

post signature

7 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

I LOVE that dotted fabric...SUPER cute..and I also like the criss-cross that the 1st dress does in the back! After reading about all your sewing projects and seeing how cute it all is, it inspires me to go sew :) Great job!

Cheri said...

I absolutely love the fabric on the last dress- so so cute!!

Mari said...

Oh the cuteness of it all! I love them both - the fabric of the last one is great!

Chelle said...

Love them both! They're gorgeous!

Tommy, Erica, and Addie Kate said...

Oh my goodness! Everytime I look you have made something else precious! I LOVE that new pattern, will be checking it out in about 4 years! And the Mary De, ahhh, the Mary De. I was supposed to take a class on it last Mon. and finish this Mon., but we had to be out of town. I even cut it out and had it pleated to do in the class, then was going to make another, not smocked, to do at home at the same time. Oh well, they are now on the back burner until the class rolls around again. Have you seen them worn backwards? And with bows under the arms? Precious!!!! I LOVE Abby's. Will you make one for Reese too?

Dena said...

I can't wait til it's sewing night at my house again - for some reason I am sooo much faster (and better) LOVE all the new stuff!!!

Terri said...

I love the jumper you made with the swirls pattern. You sure have a talent!