Thursday, June 11, 2009

Some projects, a Pattern and a Prize

It would seem from these pictures that I have been non stop sewing...but that is definately not the case! Kane has just been holding the camera hostage for work so I have a lot to post all at once. I have been working on the books at night and we have had swim lessons everyday...I am exhausted!I guess I did work on this until 3 one night...I wanted to take it to show and share at Smocking Guild last Monday. I have two more to finish this weekend. It's a Collar's Etc. "Will." The blouse underneath has a smocked inset, an "apron" style. I liked working on this, it was not a bad pattern but I have assembled something simmilar before. Here's a cute peasant dress that I made last week, twice. I didn't use a pattern so the first attempt didn't fair well. It's basically a pillow case dress with angel sleeves sewn between the front and back. I put elastic in a casing for the neckline. Abby loves it and insisted that I make one for her baby doll too. In the first, top picture I had made the popsicle applique shirt months ago and Abby loved it. She wanted to wear it all the time, so I decided it needed something to go with it. I made a purple seersucker "Sara's Skort" by Children's Corner to go with it. She hugged them this morning when I showed them to her and Reese wanted to know where hers were! She wants pink ones...so I guess I will be doing that this weekend. I appliqued this t-shirt last weekend to go with these shorts that I made last month, they have been on the procrastination list. This (and most of my) applique is from Embroidery-boutique.com. They have great choices and great sales every now and then.I picked up this cute new Michael Miller dot swirl from my local (and fave) heirloom shop today, Sew 'n Sew. It was a quick, without a plan, purchase. I may make a halter dress from it this weekend... I also got my first etsy last week. I wanted this coat pattern which is hard to find in the US. Its from a newer Austrailian designer. I can't wait to make this for fall...wish it came in my size!
I also got this cute Owl print. I don't know what I want to do with it yet but I want it to go into Abby's Fall wardrobe somehow. Any suggestions? I only have 1 yard, but I am sure I can get more if I need to. If You comment a suggestion and I use yours, I will send you a monogrammed hand towel as a surcie...here in the South that's what we call a prize!

post signature

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

i think that would make such a cute fall skirt..maybe with brown mary janes or boots and she could wear a cardigan in that orange color..you should do a head band to match..

Mari said...

As usual, all of your clothes are cute! I think that pattern would make a cute little jacket!

Chelle said...

I think a pillowcase dress/long top with trim and ribbon that coordinates will be adorable! Paired with a cute top underneath, fall tights or leggings and some cute brown boot--awww!

Maybe if you had any leftovers you could make a flower hairbow with the fabric and layer with coordinating flower shapes and alternate (like owl, green, owl, red, owl, orange).

Whatever you choose I'm sure it'll be darling!

Terri said...

The only thing I could think of was a headband but Mari's idea of a jacket would be cute too. I just love all your stuff. When do you find time to make this all?

Shawn said...

I think you should use it for your new jacket pattern! Itwould be adorable!

Dena said...

I say a pair of pants with an applique in scraps - OWLS are HUGE for fall!!

Carly said...

I think the owl print would be cute as a pair of fall pants. Maybe add rickrack or a ruffle in a contrasting color to the bottom. An applique initial (in the same fabric) would also be precious. And of course, a big ole bow; the bigger the better:)

Tommy, Erica, and Addie Kate said...

I can't WAIT to see how the jacket turns out!

Love that owl print too, but unfortunately don't have any suggestions on what to make with it. Just some wide-legged pants would be adorable. Also thought it would make that jacket pattern well. I am the worst at finding and buying fabric, then not being able to come up with an idea of how to use it!