Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Sewing

I did a little sewing this weekend, some mending and preparing two bishops for smocking. This yellow dress that Reese is wearing is the only thing that I completed from start to finish. I wanted to make something for Reese since she has been feeling left out lately and I thought this yellow from my stash would look great with her tan. I decided on using Oliver + S "birthday party dress" pattern. I have been avoiding this pattern for sometime now because when I first opened it there were sooooo many steps, it looked like too much work. I have become accustomed to the Children's Corner patterns which are usually pretty quick. I decided to bite the bullet and get it over with...it took FOUR hours. It seems like it took forever. Just the cutting took a while because there are a lot of pieces, 15 to be exact. Sadly, it was not fun sewing, BUT when I put it one her...it was worth it. It is truly so cute. It fits her perfectly. I made the 4 so I would say the pattern runs small and it is not for a beginner sewist. I would say intermediate to advanced. It is a good pattern though (and pricey) the directions are very clear and organized and it is printed on very heavy paper. So you get what you pay for.


I usually lay out the new duds on the couch at night so they find them when they get up...like a Sewing Santa I guess! So, Abby saw the yellow birthday party dress and immediately thought it was hers! She was so upsat that it wasn't...she said (with a scowl) "Mama, you need to make me one of these too!" Hopefully she will get over that, I want to do a few other things first.She did wear the dress that I made her last week and I love the way it fits...I want to make another one of these. It was very fun to make.


post signature

5 comments:

Chelle said...

I love it! It looks adorable on her!

And I love the one you made last week, too--so cute!

Susie said...

Looks great on her, great job! Love the fabric! Got any leftover? I need another 2 piece or bubble!

Mari said...

Oh so cute! They are perfect!

The Noy Maker said...

Leslie you are SEW talented! I wish I had your gifting! I love checking your blog to see the new things you've made! Thanks for sharing!

Terri said...

Those dresses are so cute! I can't believe how big Reese is getting and her hair is getting so light from the sun. Perfect dresses for this time of year.