Monday, July 6, 2009

Summer Seersucker

I just finished a super fun sibling/cousin set for some friends last night. I think it's the last of my Summer seersucker sewing! I love this fabric with the sailboats embroidered on it, it is cute! I will say, though, that at times it calls for some creative pattern cutting to allow for monograms and to cut piping out of it too.This is Children's Corner "Johnny," it's a basic jon jon that allows for a smocking insert or not. This particular cut has a high neck and wide straps which should work nicely for the narrow twins I made it for. This is Creation's by Michie' "Sunsuit/Sundress." I really enjoyed putting this one together, it is so cute and goes together very well. I will definately use this pattern again for baby gifts maybe.
This is the older boy outfit, just simple shorts and an appliqued T. If I had a boy, he would have a zillion shorts...they are very quick to put together.This cute sundress is for the only girl in the bunch. It is Creations by Michie' "A-line Dress" This was not bad to put together and I liked the little collar, It looked sailor-y for the theme of the fabric. It's hard to tell from the picture and all the stripes but it has a pleat on each side of the button area, it also has a box pleat in the back. I thought the directions were very clear and the collar is precious...can't wait to see it on! It just needs buttons and it will be ready!

post signature

3 comments:

Megan said...

You need to set up an etsy account. Your stuff is beautiful!

Tommy, Erica, and Addie Kate said...

Did you buy the seersucker? If so, from where? It's super cute. And we have a thing for boats here! I need your tips on monogramming a collar - my mom's terrified and I want several for the fall!

Elizabeth said...

i just came across your blog and i love it! i want to be you:) you are so talented. i have never made anything, but looking at all your stuff makes me want to learn. your stuff is much prettier than any outfit at a store or boutique.