Tuesday, September 22, 2009


Here is some of my recent work! Even though I have been exhausted, I have managed to sew a little. Though it's been slow. This is the Tracey by Children's Corner in fuchsia corduroy. I made this sample for a friend who has started designing some appliques recently. I love them, they are very simple silhouettes that you might see in a boutique and I have used many of them lately. You will see them soon on my blog! You can see her designs at appliqueave.com.


I made this (and two just like it) for a friend of mine that I love sewing for. This is for some family portraits that are coming up. This is a blue and brown brushed twill that has a flannel feel. I used Creations by Miche's "Baby Romper" and "Toddler Romper" for the bigger ones. It is not a hard pattern, intermediate I would say. But it is not quick, at least not as quick as a jon jon.

I made two of these bishops recently, I thought they had great primary colors without being strictly back to school. I was going to leave the little mouse off, but Abby loved it so what was I going to do? The plate is by Creative Memories, I think, and this blue dot is one of the things I picked up at Mary Jo's on our big field trip.

We finally wore our Owl/Punkin dresses today for the first day of Fall. They are definitely cuter on the girls than on the hanger, thank goodness!

post signature

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

i love your work. everytime you post pics it inspires me to learn to sew!

chelle said...

Leslie, I love the CC Tracy this is one CC Pattern that I do not have. How's the fit for your girls, I recently made the cc Lillian for my oldest granddaughter and it seems to run alittle small. I used your suggestions for the BB Holly adaption and it turned out really cute you can see my version on my blog www.luvtosew.blogspot.com.