Last year, I smocked this pink corduroy bishop using Creative Keepsake's "Country Time" smocking plate. My plan was to put bows on their heads and eyelashes, the plate has horns and tractors too. Well, I hated it...the corduroy pleats moired in an ugly way and I forgot to increase my thread count for the heavy fabric, so my stitches look sparse. I stuck it in a pile and there it sat. I had another one for Reese pleated and ready to smock and I deserted that one too. Well, a good sewing friend saw it and insisted I do something with it. Even though I thought it was ugly, it was still a lot of work and would be fine for playing in. So I cut if off to make a top and made these quick corduroy pants to go with it. I used my favorite Jillian pattern, which I love even more without the ruffle. The flare at the bottom of the pants is just too cut on my "skinny minnie." So even though I hate the smocking in this case, it looked super cute on Abby with minimal effort and cost.