Friday, November 13, 2009

TInkerbell!!!


Isn't this going to be perfect for Disney next week!!! I really wish I had made Reese one too, but I have been trying so hard not to make two of everything lately. I just love how this turned out. It's hard to tell from a picture, but I used a few strands of metallic silver dmc with the silver/white dmc on the wings to give it just a little sparkle. The metallic stuff is hard to work with, I wouldn't recommend it with darker fabrics. It doesn't lay as flat so my stitch coverage isn't great. Luckily, this lilac cotton pique is very forgiving. Have you ever smocked on pique? ( if you are a smocker, of course!) It is a dream to smock, very smooth.


For the dress I used Children's Corner "Carol," which only goes to a size four...how irritating! So I tried to size it up just a bit. It looks ok, but the collar is a little small. It doesn't cover the whole back. Only a serious sewer would notice, so it doesn't bother me at all. I used the sleeves for the "Lettie" pattern. I wanted them to be a little longer since it is cool. They are a 3/4 length sleeve and call for a ruffle but I lengthened the sleeves and did elastic with a mini ric rac trim instead. I also added the pockets to the front of the dress because I wanted to incorporate the lime ric rac into more of the outfit. And, after all, kids do love a pocket! The plate I got from Tiny Nay, not a place I have ordered from before. It has tons of character type plates, I ordered several princess ones. I was nervous to see how it would stitch out, but I think it did great. Can't wait to try another one.

post signature

5 comments:

chelle said...

Love it, now that is just too cute.

chelle said...

Love it, now that is just too cute.

chelle said...

Love it, now that is just too cute.

chelle said...

Love it, now that is just too cute.

chelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.