Isn't this going to be perfect for Disney next week!!! I really wish I had made Reese one too, but I have been trying so hard not to make two of everything lately. I just love how this turned out. It's hard to tell from a picture, but I used a few strands of metallic silver dmc with the silver/white dmc on the wings to give it just a little sparkle. The metallic stuff is hard to work with, I wouldn't recommend it with darker fabrics. It doesn't lay as flat so my stitch coverage isn't great. Luckily, this lilac cotton pique is very forgiving. Have you ever smocked on pique? ( if you are a smocker, of course!) It is a dream to smock, very smooth.
For the dress I used Children's Corner "Carol," which only goes to a size four...how irritating! So I tried to size it up just a bit. It looks ok, but the collar is a little small. It doesn't cover the whole back. Only a serious sewer would notice, so it doesn't bother me at all. I used the sleeves for the "Lettie" pattern. I wanted them to be a little longer since it is cool. They are a 3/4 length sleeve and call for a ruffle but I lengthened the sleeves and did elastic with a mini ric rac trim instead. I also added the pockets to the front of the dress because I wanted to incorporate the lime ric rac into more of the outfit. And, after all, kids do love a pocket! The plate I got from Tiny Nay, not a place I have ordered from before. It has tons of character type plates, I ordered several princess ones. I was nervous to see how it would stitch out, but I think it did great. Can't wait to try another one.