Thursday, November 5, 2009

The turkey is done!


Here is Abby's funky turkey day dress. I had a lot of fun with this. I put it together today at sip 'n sew, while the girls were at school. I was initially unsure about the fabric combination, it's something I bought over the Summer that I fell out of love with, but i like how it turned out. I haven't stuck the legs on yet, they are just placed. Some forethought would have been nice and I would have put them in the tack down step of the applique...next time I will!


As long as I was sewing together an a-line dress, I figured that it may as well be reversible. I was a little clueless as to what to put on this busy fabric, I pondered it for way too long. I decided on this woodland tree from planet applique. The bonus was that I got it for free! They are running a special where, if you send them a gallery picture of something you've made they will give you a free design. You can do that 5 times...and you know that I plan to! I've gotten 2 free already and this one will make 3.




post signature

2 comments:

chelle said...

I just love the turkey's legs you come up with the cutest ideas.

Tommy, Erica, and Addie Kate said...

Precious! Thanks for the tip on planet applique. We have used it since you posted it last time, but now I'll definitely be putting some things on the gallery!