Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Twirly Valentine


I saw this xoxo fabric (by freestyle) in the window of the local quilt store....and I HAD to have it. I just love purple (maybe a little too much ;) ) and mixed with hugs and kisses?! The skirt pattern is Portobella Pixie "Gracie." There are four patterns in that Gracie pattern. Iv'e made one of the dresses twice. I love that pattern, it has great directions and wonderful illustrations. It is well worth the $16, as it has all the sizes 6 month through 8. The only thing I changed was the bottom red/purple layer is supposed to be gathered and I didn't have enough fabric. I like the way it turned out for this project, but next time I will gather it I think for more twirliness. Abby loved it too and couldn't wait to wear it! Luckily it has been in the high 60's for several days...the perfect weather for the new outfits.
Hopefully my official sewing hiatus is over. It's still not as fun as it was in the Fall, when I was pumping out 10 outfits a week and sewing for hire. So I will tinker and only sew for my girls until this passes. They are only young once and I want to sew for them while I can. There's plenty of time for making money sewing later, if I choose. Even though I took a month off, I have already made 8 things and 4 appliques. I think I am going to keep a running tab in the sideline this year. It will be interesting to say the least.
I have enjoyed other things during my break though...I have been reading a lot, at least 6 books this year already. Also I have been taking better care of myself and focusing more on my beauty regime that I kind of abandoned when I had the girls. I have lost weight...27 lbs since October 15 which has been very fun. I now weigh less than before I was pregnant with Abby. Like a 9 year low...and before you ask (cause I know you will) I have been counting calories which is quite easy as long as there is a good amount of self control involved. I also have been keeping the house fairly neat (I am a notorious, self proclaimed slob) and have made my bed every single day. I have made my bed more times in the last 3 months than maybe in all my 10 years of marriage...it is a big deal for me! Hahah! I used to joke that the bed got made once a week...when the maid came! I just have so much energy now...I like to say that "Leslie got her groove back." ;)
post signature

5 comments:

julie said...

Leslie! That's awesome!! I am so excited for you and your new ways ;) CONGRATULATIONS!!
speaking of books ... My good friend just gave me one "Same Kind of Different as Me" - if you haven't read - WONDERFUL!! I think you would enjoy!!
Now maybe ONE DAY I will learn to sew!!

Susie said...

I like to think of it as my positive influence, hahah! yeah right, you need to help me start counting! Lunch tomorrow?

Tommy, Erica, and Addie Kate said...

Reading this was like reading my own personal journal - except I don't keep one! And except these are things that I want to focus on! So GOOD FOR YOU!!! I hardly know you and I'm proud of you! My bed is rarely made, and I have great intentions and LOVE it when it is. I have quit taking care of myself and have been sick with 5 different things since Oct. because of it. Gracious! You have made me think and thank you! Plus, as usual, your creation and your Abby are as cute as a button!

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I begin take up real income.
It gets down to choose a correct companion who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Melissa said...

you are awesome!! way to go Leslie!! You are a great friend, wife, mother, and maid (hee hee) all in one :)