Thursday, April 8, 2010

MIA

Whew! The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of

SUPER HEROES!!!

EGG HUNTS!
Easter Cooking with Mimi

And next to no sewing :( The monogram on this half of a collar is as far as I got on Abby's Easter Dress.
So, what have I been doing instead of sewing? I'm still working on that diet and I started working out, a lot. So there's no energy for sewing at the end of the day! I am ready for bed! I have lost a total of 32 pounds and more that 4 sizes. It is really hard work, which is why I have always been reluctant to bite the bullet. I fit in my wedding dress the other day, just in time for my 10 year anniversary. I can also run 3.5 miles, I never would have guessed!
Before you ask....because everyone usually does, I have been calorie counting. I eat around 1200 cals a day. Yes, I am usually hungry often. I dieted for about 4 months before I started exercising which is a little counter productive on the scale. It worked for me, but its not for everyone I know. Check out hungrygirl.com for some great healthy food and recipe suggestions, love her!
post signature

4 comments:

Tommy, Erica, and Addie Kate said...

Well I'm glad you're back! I finally started sewing again! Trying to figure out this new machine is a JOB!!! Congrats on the weight- that is WONDERFUL!!!

Mari said...

Hooray for you for the weight loss and for fitting in your wedding dress!

Jessica said...

That's awesome Leslie! Your hard work paid off!

Lindsay said...

so proud of you! running 3.5 miles is no joke (which is why i dont run much) hehe. GREAT job. it feels so good to fit in that dress!yay you!! Keep it up!
p.s my word verification is quita...really..quita?