Sunday, July 25, 2010


Abby's new school mascot is a Panther and I have been very inspired lately to sew in her school colors. I thought that if I could find a tiger paw smocking plate that I could make it in navy and it would be panther paws. There were no big paw plates, there were tiny paws on plates with tigers or footballs and tons of other tiger stuff. So what could I do? I made it up!

The second day of school is their weekly spirit day, so she will wear it then.

I love adding baby ric rac to the edges of bishop sleeves. I use my edge joining foot with the sleeve on one side of the blade and the ric rac on the other and attach it with a zig zag stitch.

post signature

9 comments:

Mari said...

She's so lucky to have a mom who can make these special clothes!

Hilary Surratt said...

ohh, you better get ready because all the moms are going to want you to make their daughters cute dresses to wear like that w/their school mascot on it!! Are they going to pinewood??

Sally said...

This is one of my faves! It's simple, but perfect! And you are definitely going to be inundated with requests for this dress!

delanna said...

Why not let her wear it the first day of school. That would make a cute first day of school picture! By the way I HAVE to have one of those too :)

LeslieW. said...

Yes, she is going to Pinewood! My husband and I both graduated from there and we are so excited.

It may have to be the first day of school dress! I was just thinking that Susie said that Fridays are spirit day. So then she's wear school colors 2 days in a row. We'll see! We're looking forward to cheer camp this week!

christinescreations said...

I would love to purchase your paw smocking design.

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to purchase the paw smocking plate? I've been looking for one for some time! Libby lmridgeo@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I would also like to purchase your paw smocking plate if possible.

LeslieW. said...

I have finally graphed the paw on a plate. Email me at byrneslkb@aol.com if you want one. Thanks!