Sunday, July 18, 2010

Miss Madeline



I made these cute pants a couple of months ago as a class sample for teaching the Jillian by Bonnie Blue...I do love that pattern! I bought fabric at the same time to make a top and it just sat. I didn't even retrieve the sample pants from the shop until 2 weeks ago! I recently went to the beach for a few days with a sewing buddy and our 4 girls. Family fun in the day time and when the sun went down we sewed! It was great, I made this top, a skirt, cut out and pleated two bishops, backsmocked one and traced several patterns for sewing retreat next month! I even cut out a dress for the retreat already. What a treat to be away from the household responsibilities (and gym) that usually get in the way of sewing.


This is the first time that I made the Miss Madeline by The Handmade Dress. I made a size 5 and found it running a little slim, which is perfect for Abby. It is a dress and can be made with or without the apron. It was a pretty easy construction but I do recommend a serger for this style. My only complaint is that it comes with the bodice and sleeve pieces and you have to draft the bottom of the dress. It wasn't hard, but for $12 I feel like i shouldn't have had to do that. The directions are clear and it's a great style for a beginner. I was very happy with the results and already have a full length one cut out for camp. It came in a kit from Farmhouse Fabrics with everything already picked out. This one is cute too. I used the same lady bug fabric to make
Abby a pillowcase like this one.
She liked it a lot and it was so fun and cute to make. Plus it came with the directions for making several sizes of pillowcases which I will use later. What a cute and easy little gift!

post signature

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Abby is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Jamie said...

I know I've said this before, but you are SO talented! Do you ever sell any of your stuff?