Monday, June 20, 2011

Latest Fun Sewing








Here are the Children's Corner Ellen tunics. It is also a dress and can be worn as a jumper with a blouse under it. I loved this pattern and it is sized from a 3 to a 12 so it will be a good one for my girls as they are getting bigger. The top went together quickly and it was fun to make. The only downside is that there are so many pieces to cut out! The top bodice is lined but the skirt is not. I love these fabrics and could not decide which ones I wanted so that is why there are wearing different color ways. The leggings I purchased from garnethill.com. They are so soft and their customer service is great. Love these outfits!


When I got home from Atlanta a few months ago, I brought home a new pack of Children's Corner doll clothes patterns. It's not available yet but I know that Sew 'n Sew has a few that she bought when we were there. I can't find it anywhere on the web and I remember Lezette saying it wasn't available anywhere yet. I could not wait to try them out and so I could start right away I enlisted the girls to help so that I could sew and spend time with them at the same time. It was lots of fun. I had them each pick outfits out of their closets that they would like to replicate and I showed them how to pin and cut them out. I set them up so that they could sew the straight lines and they really liked that they were sewing too!



They have target dolls instead of American Girls dolls so I need to make a few adjustments to the sizing. I thought the Lucy jumper Reese's doll has was way to short and the Ansley skirt that Abby picked out is really tight. I need to retrieve my American Girl Doll from my moms and see how it fits. The size adjustments are really easy and I made one for a birthday present for Abby's classmate the next weekend. It was so quick and a great way to use my scraps!

UPDATE!: I tried them on an American Doll, my Felicity that I have yet to hand down!, and it fits the same. So definitely add length to dresses and width to at least the skirt.



post signature

2 comments:

Mari said...

They look cute and comfortable!

Terri said...

Love those plaid skirts too - they are adorable