Monday, June 27, 2011

Maddie's Tiered Sundress



Here is a project that I worked on for a friend recently. It is the same pattern that I used for the girl's Easter dresses. This is a fun pattern to make, after you think long and hard about cutting it out...MATH! It is by Gingersnaps.


It is a busy fabric so she didn't want a monogram, but I couldn't just leave the bodice blank!!! I liked this dotty a, to go along with the polka dots.


I wanted just a little something extra and love how this bias trim did the trick! I used a friend's tube turner to make a 3/4 inch tube and stitched it down with a long stitch in case it ever needs to be removed to drop the hem. I love the tube turner! I have used it on several different things in the last day or two. I guess I need to break down and spend the 40 bucks to get my own...

Used the tube turner on the sleep mask for the girls...their request!

And the button loop on this super fun dress! I will share it soon. :)

post signature

1 comment:

Terri said...

I love the things you make. You just know how to add such cute extra's. What lucky girls!