Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ruffle Bum Sun Suit


I made this for my niece...this may be it for a while but I wanted her to be able to wear it seeing that it is already JULY! Wow, school is just around the corner. I saw Staples stocking their school supplies this week. This is "Melodie's Mermaid Sunsuit" by Kari Me Away. I sure hope it fits...it is precious. She has red hair and I think this fabric is going to look great on her.

The pattern was great, it's very easy to follow. It took about 2.5 hours which isn't bad considering I roll hemmed the ruffles and I monogrammed it. The pattern includes a version that can be smocked. It called for wider ruffles with 1/2" hems on either side so I cut them narrower and used the serger instead. I also used my ruffle foot on my sewing machine to gather straight down the center instead of at the top of the ruffle. I really like how it turned out.

1 comment:

Mari said...

It's adorable! I love those ruffles.