Friday, August 12, 2011

Recent sewing...none of it is mine! :(


These are what I like to call "party pants," and they will be for halloween with a cute t shirt.

Custom smocking job, I graphed this off of a ready to wear top. She turned out bigger, I think people in the philipines must smock very tight. That's where most ready to wear is smocked. I may reduce the stitch count eventually. Luckily this top is a size seven and it was proportional.



Sarah's Skort, love this pattern...and so do my girls!


I made this for Project First Day, which organized seamstresses to make first day of school outfits for the children of Joplin where the tornados hit recently. I liked this a lot, and may have to make another one for Reese. She liked it too. This is the Children's Corner "Kinsey" with "Lettie" sleeves. I made this at camp last year in an olive green fabric and it is still Reese's favorite dress. My smocking guild got together and made almost 50 outfits to send. It was very fun and so exciting to see what everyone came up with from their stashes. I had this green gingham for probably 4 years at least...wish I had though of this before! ;)


Made this for a dear friend's daughter who just turned four. This is also from my stash. I bought the polka dot fabric for camp last year and only used it for an applique. It was the perfect size.



SPEAKING OF CAMP!!!! We leave in two weeks! I have got to get planning and cutting. I actually plan to dig into some planning and designing this afternoon since my waterpark plans got rained out. Also, I just found out that Hancock Fabrics has a half off sale tomorrow so I've got to get my list together for thread, buttons and ric rac! Yea!

post signature


1 comment:

Jan said...

Love the party pants, similar to ones I just finished up today. I'm working on things to enter into the fair. Your picture smocking is great. I work at Hancock's in Boise, Idaho.