Monday, September 19, 2011

Recent projects...


This was Abby's first day of school dress... that I made the night before! It is "Ellen" a newer pattern by Children's Corner. It is a great dress and the pattern is easy to follow. I made this in a tunic style for Spring with leggings. Abby will wear this with a shirt as a jumper in the winter. Make sure you mark the pieces and don't be overwhelmed by all the cutting. It has a lot of pieces but once they are all cut out, they go together quickly. I like to cut it out in one session and sew it in another. I added an inch in length to the skirt and I think it's perfect.




This is a crayon roll that I whipped up as a birthday present for a sweet little friend. It is an in the hoop embroidery project that is quick and fun. I am thinking of using it in a class if the author will give me the permissions. It is a great little gift. I keep Abby and Reese's in my purse for restaurants.






Just made this little set for a friend for some fun football tailgating in school spirit colors. It is a Children's Corner "Carol" top and a "Katie" skirt. I am actually teaching the skirt in a class next month and I'm very excited about that. The finishing of the hem can be confusing but there is a youtube tutorial if you have a hard time with it.



post signature

2 comments:

Mari said...

So cute! I love the crayon roll too.

Jo said...

Is that another Wofford ensemble? I started following your blog after I stumbled across your last Wofford creation. I'm obsessed with smocking, AND I'm a Wofford alum. What fun!!