Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Sewing


I love how an applique can make an easy outfit! Added this snowglobe to a plain t shit and paired it with a hot pink skirt from last year and we have a cheap and cute Christmas outfit! This is from Planet Applique.

Made my first Christmas outfits...it's only the 8th!!!! Better than last year! I didn't make any! This a a precious knit from chez ami that a dear friend had left over from last Christmas! What a treat! I made them yesterday using McCalls M6155. It was an easy little pattern, although I did change the construction a little bit and used my serger more on the second one instead of double hems. They are comfy and cozy. The pattern runs a little big I think. I made them the 5 and added length to the leggings and the long sleeves for Abby. Reese has short sleeves because I ran out of fabric....same reason Abby is wearing tights! ;) The back has buttons. A successful project I think and they may double for pajamas, just such soft fabric. Check out Chez Ami fabrics, often times they have great clearance prices at 2$ a yard. I may be sewing with more knit after this project. Usually that is one of the few things I buy instead of make....with jeans, coats, socks and underwear!
post signature

No comments: