Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Something for Me!

I rarely sew for myself, I always monogramming or mending for friends or sporadically making an outfit here or there for my girls.  I bought this fabric back in August, had to have it.  It is Alexander Henry I think, but has a really cool sewing theme when you look up close.  My old sewing mat (which is brown and red...YUCK!) was begging to be replaced.  My smocking guild is doing a stash reduction contest in a few weeks so I was inspired to start.  I thought it would be quick but I kept thinking of ways to make it even more awesome! :)
Like this scissor holster and ruler pocket...
And using a tape measure instead of binding  for the pocket.  There is a tape measure in the design on the fabric.  Now I need to buy a new one!  I can also measure stuff without getting up to find it!

I removed the pink panel on this pin cushion and replaced it with a monogrammed, coordinating one with the scraps.
I embroidered a size chart for easy needle identification when I switch them out. I got this idea from my dear friend Frances. Also, look at the loop up top.  I am going to try to attach my memory stick there...I can never find that thing! I put a similar one on the bottom to hang scissors from.
It folds up all nicely for when I have to go to classes! Love it!  I am going to make a fabric basket with the extra scraps soon hopefully.  First I have to do some of the monogramming and mending that keeps piling up!
post signature

1 comment:

Melissa Wagner said...

you deserve it my friend!