Sunday, May 20, 2012

Newest Obsession

I am always diving in, head first, to new interests and hobbies.  Right now it is gardening.  I had so much fun canning pepper jelly last Summer that I decided to grow my own this year when I learned that my usual supplier (mom in law :) ) would not be growing her own garden this year.  She graciously agreed to help me start my own.  I was a little hesitant at first because I am so busy already...and I tend to commit planticide every time I try to care for any kind of plant.  So far it is going great! I have been watering them everyday and we have also had a ton of rain.  I got kind of a late start so the only usable items so far are the herbs; cilantro, basil and dill.  They have really been in abundance and I have been cooking with them like crazy! Here are a few pictures of my soon to be first fruits, courtesy of the rain every day this week I think!
Cherry Tomato

 Yellow Bell Peppers

 Teeny Tiny Jalapeno
 Yellow Bell Peppers
 Green Bell Pepper

So much fun!!! I have a ton of cucumber plants with flowers everywhere, so maybe I will have one to show next week.
 We have had a very mild Spring this year and have really been enjoying lots of time outside.  We normally don't because, to be honest, I am an indoor girl and when I am outside I just think about all that needs to be done INSIDE!  The exception to that rule, of course, is when I am lying by the pool :)
 Reading time
 This may be the first year that the girls are willingly going to wear a hat outside...
My Reeser and me

post signature

No comments: