Wednesday, October 17, 2012

More "BOO-scaping!"


 I finally finished my table runner, took long enough! I guess I can enjoy it all of NEXT October! This was a kit from Sew n Sew.  I used my fabric glue stick (which I love) to hold the ribbons where I wanted them and it worked out well.  The only quilting was to stitch in the ditch around the orange rectangle.  That is as much quilting as I want to do!
Here is another banner that I made with the scraps from the other one! TWO for the price of ONE! These were blank triangles and I could not let them go to waste, especially since they were already fused to the fleece.  I cut out the decorative circles with pinking sheers (also from scraps) and sewed them to the banner triangles.  Lots of fun!post signature
This is a black linen guest towel....might be a little fancy for this GLOW IN THE DARK ghost applique, but I love it! I especially love when I can use scraps for little projects like this.  I have an insane amount of scraps;  fabric, ribbon etc.  The fabric here is a glow in the dark fabric by Michael Miller that I had from last years Halloween t shirts.  Apparently they make glow in the dark embroidery thread too! If I had known that earlier, she would have been saying BOO!  I tried to take a picture of it glowing in the dark but it didn't work out.  A fun and quick project!

2 comments:

Dena said...

I NEED one of those towels (maybe 3) can you make them for me?? LOVE!!!

LeslieW. said...

Maybe next year. ;) I am trying to clear off my sewing for other people so I can do some of my own stuff! I never get to my stuff.