Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holiday Fun!

It has been more than a month since I posted! Just terrible, hopefully I will make up for it the rest of the month.  I got a new camera this week! Happy birthday/Christmas to me!
 Christmas parade.  Yes, Reese is wearing a sleeveless dress! Welcome to Christmas in the South.  I believe until this week, I had no heat on for almost THREE weeks!  Those are their last years outfits,  they all still fit.
 I did make them each one new outfit for the Smocking Guild Christmas Fashion show, but haven't gotten a good picture of them yet.  They are the two with polka dot bows in the back.  They had a great time! It was a lot of fun.
 Here is our tree this year, it is maybe 12 or 13 feet.  We always love a big tree, only partly because we have vaulted ceilings in the den.  Last year, unfortunately, Kane threw all our lights away on the tree.  (Not the first time he has done that either)  So wee had to buy all new lights this year.  We (I) like to heavily light the tree by wrapping the strand around individual branches from the inside to the out.  This made 3 trips to the store for the almost 2000 lights necessary.  I really hope we don't have to buy them next year.




I made this a few weeks ago after seeing it on pinterest, it was for sale on etsy but I felt certain that I could do it with a trip to Hobby Lobby.  It turned out to be very easy a little messy.  I bought a wooden letter and spray painted the edges.  Next, a used spray adhesive on the letter and stuck it to a moss table runner.  I used my rotary cutter to cut away the excess moss.  I staple gunned the ribbon on the back and glued on the cheap snowflakes from Walmart.  After I hung it up I noticed that  it kept shedding every time I opened the door.  I then hung it over the bushes and gave it a coating of the spray adhesive on top and it really helped.  I am going to make another non-Christmas one with the leftover moss I think.  This project cost me less than 20$.


post signature

1 comment:

Mari said...

We have no snow here, but it's far from warm!
I love your tree. We do the same with our lights - lots of work but it looks so nice!