Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Seersucker Clutch

I saw something similar to this on facebook for sale one day and was inspired!  What a great class I think this will make.  What Southern Gal doesn't need a seersucker bag?!  I plan to do my class sample in pink but this is what I had on hand when I felt like working on it.
 I started with Simplicity 2166 for basic construction ideas.  I changed the flap from rectangle to triangle, added the ruffle and monogram and shortened it almost 2 inches. I think it will be much easier next time.  The toughest part was working with the really stiff stabilizer.  You need a strong machine, patience and a #90 needle for that.
The lining is from some fun scraps I had and I added pockets on the inside.  I love a surprise lining on the inside of a handbag.....really I love handbags in general.  I think this may be the first one I ever made...It may be the start of something dangerous.
Now, I just need a dress to match this. ;)

post signature

No comments: